Joe’s Bar & Dining Hall is celebrating the 4th of July with a pop-up menu this year! Starting on Thursday, 4th of July and ending on Sunday, 7th July, you’ll be able to celebrate in true Americana fashion with burgers, beers, s’mores and of course fried chicken. In honour of National Fried Chicken Day, Joe’s Bar is doing fried chicken buckets and delectable fried chicken burgers on Brasserie Bread brioche buns! And if you want to keep the party going at home, Katrina from Joe’s Bar has entrusted us with her delicious fried chicken burger recipe. Huzzah! Fried chicken for all!
Stay up to date with all the hip and happening stuff that goes on at Joe’s on Facebook.
4 Brasserie Bread brioche burger buns
4 pieces chicken thigh, bone out, skin off
4 egg whites
15g white pepper
10g onion powder
15g garlic powder
15g smoked paprika
oil, for frying, preferably vegetable oil
chipotle hot sauce
150g red cabbage
150g white cabbage
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1 lime, juice
salt and pepper
½ carrot, grated
1 cup picked flat leaf parsley
- In a bowl, mix the red and white cabbage, jalapeno, lime juice, carrot, salt and pepper and parsley together and sit aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together except for the egg whites and chicken.
- In a second bowl, place the egg whites ready for dipping.
- In a large pot, heat the oil to 170 degrees. Do not fill more than ½ full.
- With each piece of chicken thigh, dip in egg white, then in the flour mix and back in egg white and flour mix again.
- Fry the chicken for approximately 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. If you have a probe thermometer you can check it to ensure it reaches 82 degrees Celsius.
- Season with salt and place immediately into your burger topped with jalapeno slaw and chipotle sauce.